An ordinary meeting of the European Parliament’s Fisheries Committee takes place at the European Parliament in Brussels on the 23–24 April 2012.
The meeting will be live streamed on the Committee website.
- The reform of the Common Fisheries Policy – Overarching Communication; discussion on draft report; rapporteur: Nikolaos Salavrakos (EFD, EL); Mon pm
- The external dimension of the Common Fisheries Policy; discussion; rapporteur: Isabella Lövin (Greens/EFA, SE); Mon pm
- Common Fisheries Policy; discussion; rapporteur: Ulrike Rodust (S&D, DE); Tue am (in camera from 11.45 to 12.10)
- The feasibility of Transferable Fishing Concessions (TFC) in the context of the CFP reform; hearing; Tue pm (starting at 15.30)
- Amending Council Regulation (EC) No 1300/2008 of 18 December 2008 establishing a multi-annual plan for the stock of herring distributed to the west of Scotland and the fisheries exploiting that stock; vote on draft report; rapporteur: Struan Stevenson (ECR, UK); Tue am
- Certain measures in relation to countries allowing non-sustainable fishing for the purpose of the conservation of fish stocks; vote on draft report; rapporteur: Pat the Cope Gallagher (ALDE, IE); Tue am
- Fishing opportunities and financial contribution provided for by the Fisheries Partnership Agreement between the EU and the Republic of Mozambique; vote on draft report; rapporteur: Dolores García-Hierro Caraballo (S&D, ES); Tue am
- Discussion with Lisbeth Berg Hansen, Norwegian Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs; Tue am (starting at 09.15)
- Discussion with Giovanni La Via (EPP, IT), general rapporteur for Budget 2013; Tue am (starting 10.00)
- Discussion with Keith Ashfield, Canadian Minister of Fisheries and Oceans; Tue am (starting at 10.30)