The University of Plymouth has a long association with marine and maritime affairs, and acknowledged excellence in its teaching and research in the field. In recognition of this, the University is establishing a biennial conference on Marine and Maritime Affairs. The inaugural event will be held in the Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth (UK) on the 4th and 5th April, 2011.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Sustainability in the Marine and Maritime Industries”, and the following fields will be covered;
• Marine environmental policy
• Marine renewable energy policy
• Maritime safety and security
• Logistics and supply chain management
• Climate change and shipping
• Shipping and port policy and management
• Human resources, higher education and skills training
The conference is directed at stimulating dialogue between academics, policy makers, and professionals within and between the marine and maritime fields.